- Documents and publications
Understanding natural capital and flood resilience in Bangladesh
This report shares the findings from the natural capital assessment work carried out to date by Concern as part of its contribution to the Zurich Flood Resilience Alliance programming in Bangladesh to apply the Flood Resilience Measurement Framework to support community-based pre-event flood resilience.
The principal learning points arising from this research project fall into the following categories:
- Relevance of the flooding environment to the community’s experience of flooding,
- Upstream and downstream interactions can affect flood control options,
- Business as Usual is not working,
- Building innovative solutions, and
- Need for a coherent natural capital strategy.