EJ4Climate: Environmental Justice and Climate Resilience
What is EJ4Climate?
A grant program that supports underserved and vulnerable communities, and Indigenous communities, in Canada, Mexico, and the United States to prepare for climate-related impacts.
Help Your Community Enhance Climate Resilience
EJ4Climate seeks to foster climate resilience by improving the capacity of communities to prepare for, withstand, respond to, and recover from hazardous events or disturbances related to climate change, which poses risks to human health, the environment, cultural resources, the economy, and quality of life.
What We’re Looking For:
The EJ4Climate grant program is calling for projects that advance:
- Community resilience: Support community resilience to climate change and climate-related impacts.
- Equitable benefits: Yield tangible, equitable benefits for local communities by addressing or adapting to climate change impacts.
- Local knowledge: Consider local knowledge and transform that knowledge into an innovative action or solution.
- Partnerships: Build partnerships that respond to community-identified challenges
- Proposals due: 14 November 2021 5:00 PM ET
- Evaluation of grant applications: November-December 2021
- Official grants announcement: 31 January 2022
- Project implementation begins: February 2022
- Projects maximum end dates: February 2024