Master of Arts in Emergency Management
Duration1 year six months full time, up to 5 years part time
This programme is designed for students who wish to broaden their knowledge in both disaster prevention and management. In its broadest sense, emergency management focuses on the organisation of communities to respond to disasters, to survive them, to rebuild social structures and infrastructure, and to sustain and preserve life.
This programme is also available as a Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Postgraduate Diploma.
- Natural Hazards
- Coping with Disasters
- Emergency Management
- Advanced Occupational Safety and Health
- Hazard Management
- Special Topic in Emergency Management
- Natural Resource Planning
- Assessing Environmental Impacts: Principles and Practice
- Natural Hazards and Resilient Communities
- Psychological Research: Principles of Design
- Psychological Research: Multivariate Data Analysis