This publication presents the main results from a regional vulnerability assessment coordinated by the Secretariat of the Pacific Community as they apply to each country and territory in Oceania, making the information easy to use. The document describes practical adaptations, policies and investments, needed to maintain the economic and social benefits of fisheries and aquaculture in the face of climate change.
The publication outlines recommendations for adaptation in the following issues (pp. 287-308):
- economic development and government revenue;
- maintaining the contribution of fish to food security;
- optimise catches from coastal demersal and freshwater fish stocks;
- fill the gap in fish needed for food security; and
- maximising sustainable livelihoods.