This is a progress report by Thames Water on its climate change adaptation efforts. It sets out progress in adapting to the current and future predicted effects of climate change on the organisation. The publication presents the company's Business Transformation Programme, which aims at generating greater flexibility in decision-making and greater
agility to respond to ongoing events and changing circumstances.
The company's long-term plans include measures to improve the resilience of water resources to climate change and extreme weather over the next five years (2015 - 2020), categorised as:
- proactive management:
- continued investment to improve flood resilience;
- monitoring and refinement of thresholds that describe the sensitivity of water systems to climate;
- development of tools to analyse changes, to inform investment decision-making.
- collaborative responses:
- collaborative water resources management planning;
- engagement in a new ‘21st Century Initiative’ that will define water resource resilience and what
should be done to ensure water resource resilience.