This strategy report offers a policy-focused analysis of the world we will face once the pandemic has passed. At a time when all assumptions about the shape of Australian society and the broader global order are being challenged, there is a need to take stock of likely future directions.
The report analyses 26 key topics, countries and themes, ranging from Australia’s domestic situation through to the global balance of power, climate and technology issues. In each case the authors were asked to consider four questions:
- What impact did Covid-19 have on their research topic?
- What will recovery mean?
- Will there be differences in future?
- What policy prescriptions would you recommend for the Australian government?
Related chapters are the ones on:
- Business resilience (p. 47);
- Health preparedness and biosecurity (p. 60);
- Advancing gender equality and global security (p. 93);
- Creating resilient supply chains (p. 97);
- Climate change (p. 105);
- Risk, resilience and crisis preparedness (p. 110).