A green recovery in Asia: opportunities for concerted action
The COVID-19 pandemic and the associated economic crisis are posing immense challenges with far reaching impacts across Asia. The period of economic rebuilding after the crisis provides an opportunity to build back better to create more resilient economies.
Join some of Asia’s leading experts and decision makers as they share insights into the latest government plans, commitments and measures that support the objectives of the Paris Agreement, leverage nature-based solutions and utilize digital technologies for a green recovery. Learn about opportunities for concerted, cross-sector action involving governments, the business sector and civil society to rebuild and transform economies while confronting the climate crisis.
- Yeon-chul Yoo, Ambassador for Climate Change, Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA), Republic of Korea
- Catherine Chen, Corporate Senior Vice President, Director of the Board, Huawei
- Hyoeun Jenny Kim, Deputy Director-General & Head Green Growth Planning and Implementation, Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI)
- Meng Liu, Head, Asia Pacific Networks, UN Global Compact
- Asad Naqvi, Head of Secretariat, The Partnership for Action on Green Economy (PAGE), UN Environment Programme
- Moderated by Richard Welford, Senior Advisor, ELEVATE (Founder and former Chairman of CSR Asia)