Individual Consultant - Nature Based Solutions (OPERANDUM) - UNESCO
This job posting has closed
In the Framework of the Programme and Budget of UNESCO for 2022-2023, Strategic Objective 2, Outcome 3, SC1: Inclusive knowledge and capacities of Member States strengthened to advance and apply science for sustainable management of natural resources, ecosystem and biodiversity conservation and restoration, and disaster risk resilience.
In line with UNESCO’s activities within the OPERANDUM project and in close communication with the Chief of the DRR Unit and under his direct supervision the individual consultant shall:
- Contribute to the implementation of UNESCO tasks in Work Packages Seven, Eight and Nine of OPERANDUM project;
- Within the Work Package 7 “Platform and advanced ICT services”, coordinate stakeholders’ consultations for Geo Information Knowledge Platform (GeoIKP) in cooperation with OPERANDUM partners;
- Draft a report being a part of the Deliverable 7 “OPERANDUM GeoIKP deployment and maintenance report”, based on the above activities.
Within the Work Package 8 International cooperation and capacity building
- Develop concept notes (at least 3) for thematic workshops at Open-Air Laboratories;
- Organise and coordinate events and activities (logistics and contents) in closed cooperation with OPERANDUM local partners;
- Draft a report, being a part of OPERANDUM Deliverable 8 “Report on capacity building activities within OALs”, based on the above activities;
- Developpe detailed actions for EU and international cooperation activities in Autumn 2022, considering possible integration with EU sister projects (PHUSICOS, RECONECT) and UNESCO Field Offices, and support these actions implementation;
- Draft a report, being a part of OPERANDUM Deliverable on “Report on international cooperation within OPERANDUM”, based on the above activities;
- Draft a report, being a part of OPERANDUM Deliverable on “Report on capacity building at EU and global level”, based on the above activities;
- within the Work Package 9 Maximizing outreach and impact, together with project partners, support the conceptualization and organization of sessions of OPERANDUM Final Conference;
- Draft a report based on the Final Conference outcomes.
Perform any other relevant task as assigned by the Supervisor.
All the tasks above should be done by the end of December 2022.
- Excellent knowledge of English is required
HOW TO SUBMIT THE PROPOSAL
To apply for this position, please send your detailed CV together with the motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 29 July 2022 (midnight)
Please note that only pre-selected proposals will be contacted.
UNESCO DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE SUBMISSION OF PROPOSAL PROCESS.
UNESCO DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.