This issue of Southasiadisasters.net is titled: "Preparing for AMCDRR: A Strategic Agenda". The aim of this issue is to bring innovative ideas to the Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction (AMCDRR) in order to accelerate regional implementation and monitoring.
This issue's contents includes:
- Miyamoto's role in implementing the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction (SFDRR) in Asia;
- Women and disaster;
- Building resilient futures;
- Disaster risk reduction and horticulture in Uzbekistan;
- Gender Based Violence (GBV) and disasters - the South Asia context;
- Why the start network matters now to Asia;
- World Humanitarian Summit, climate change and interventions to address slow onset events;
- Making national museums safe from disasters;
- Key agenda for gender and Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction.
Southasiadisasters.net issue no. 149, August 2016