This paper aims to showcase good practices of policy coherence around climate resilience, with the intention of raising awareness of UN country teams and the strengthened application of both policy agendas in the development and implementation of UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Frameworks at country level. It aspires to remain a living document, continuously enriched through good practices shared by the UN family from across the region.
This Review is structured around five domains in which good practices fostering coherence and building resilience to climate and disaster risks are introduced:
- Governance and institutional capability to coordinate responses to disaster and climate risks, and foster innovative and forward-thinking solutions,
- Assessment of disaster and climate risks, vulnerabilities and coping capabilities, which consider systemic interlinkages and dependences,
- Nature-based Solutions which provide cost-effective ways of reducing risks and provide addi- tional ecologic, social and economic benefits,
- Disaster and climate finance embedded within comprehensive financial protection strategies and contributing to building resilience to financial impacts of climate and disaster risks,
- Monitoring, reporting and evaluation or learning to trace progress made in reducing risks and building resilience, assess what has been accomplished, and communicate the processes and out- comes.