This document summarises the key strategic actions that need to be taken to deliver the Climate Resilience Strategy and Action Plan (CRSAP) and increase Guyana’s resilience to a variable and changing climate. It also articulates a timeframe for action focussed on the next five years (2016-2020) as well as a proposal for a review and iteration process in 2020. This approach is largely synchronised with the newly commenced government term and national planning cycle (2015-2019). The roadmap recognises that building climate resilience is a journey that requires cycles of action, reflection and iteration as lessons are learnt about effective implementation and resource allocation.
Specifically, the CRSAP provides:
- A roadmap for the next five years.
- Project Concept Notes for four priority climate resilience programmes which can now be developed into full proposals and submitted for funding.
- A summary of the most significant climate risks and required resilience actions across 15 key sectors. These actions are proposed as the basis for the design of new interventions and a pipeline of projects which can be presented for funding and implemented within five years and beyond.
- A set of capacity building actions that enhance Guyana’s capacity for national adaptation planning and becoming climate resilient to be undertaken within the next five years.
- A strategy to finance the CRSAP inclusive of the PCNs.