- Policies and plans
Guyana: Climate resilience strategy and action plan
This document summarises the key strategic actions that need to be taken to deliver the Climate Resilience Strategy and Action Plan (CRSAP) and increase Guyana’s resilience to a variable and changing climate. It also articulates a timeframe for action focussed on the next five years (2016-2020) as well as a proposal for a review and iteration process in 2020. This approach is largely synchronised with the newly commenced government term and national planning cycle (2015-2019). The roadmap recognises that building climate resilience is a journey that requires cycles of action, reflection and iteration as lessons are learnt about effective implementation and resource allocation.
Specifically, the CRSAP provides:
- A roadmap for the next five years.
- Project Concept Notes for four priority climate resilience programmes which can now be developed into full proposals and submitted for funding.
- A summary of the most significant climate risks and required resilience actions across 15 key sectors. These actions are proposed as the basis for the design of new interventions and a pipeline of projects which can be presented for funding and implemented within five years and beyond.
- A set of capacity building actions that enhance Guyana’s capacity for national adaptation planning and becoming climate resilient to be undertaken within the next five years.
- A strategy to finance the CRSAP inclusive of the PCNs.