This National Climate Change Adaptation Strategy intends to:
- Ensure a consistent, comprehensive and a targeted approach to increasing climate resilience and decrease vulnerability of the populace.
- Deepen awareness and sensitisation for the general populace particularly policy makers about the critical role of adaptation in national development efforts
- Position Ghana to draw funding for meeting her national adaptation needs
- Strengthen International recognition to facilitate action
- Facilitate the mainstreaming of Climate change and disaster risk reduction into national development.