This study, funded by CBM and HelpAge International, assesses the impact of the 2015 Nepal earthquake on older people and persons with disabilities. It identifies barriers to inclusion and participation, and provides recommendations to ensure that future humanitarian action addresses :
- the impact of the earthquake on older people and persons with disabilities;
- the roles of gender, ages, disability and ethnicity in determining the impact of the disaster;
- the factors preventing older people and persons with disabilities from accessing humanitarian aid;
- the degree that humanitarian actors respond to the needs of older people and persons with disabilties during disasters;
- the institutional barriers to inclusion and the documentation of good practices.