Recommend a speaker for the Climate Leadership Conference
The Climate Leadership Conference (CLC) provides sustainability professionals a platform to learn from and engage with thought leaders and decision-makers working to address climate change through policy, innovation and business solutions. Leading with a strong desire to learn, connect, and collaborate with one another, the 2022 CLC program will offer hybrid content across both in-person and virtual platforms. Main stage content will be live streamed, with a host of topic-specific sessions that will be conducted both in-person and virtually.
Please review tips for submitting a successful nomination below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Presenting a solutions-oriented program that offers in-person and virtual options in 2022, CLC participants can connect and collaborate in a forum that best suits their needs. Below are sample formats for content – feel free to share another creative format with us that is conducive to the topic or speaker you are proposing.
- Keynote Speakers: Main stage/full audience presentations, interviews or panel discussion featuring senior leadership on the frontlines of change (e.g., nationally recognized climate scientists, C-suite corporate leadership, heads of organizations, etc.).
- Topic Block Panel Discussion: Carefully curated panels of subject matter experts sharing trends and new approaches for tackling climate challenges. These facilitated discussions typically include audience Q&A.
- Workshops: Interactive strategy sessions designed to equip participants with the tools needed for addressing key climate topics, common pain points, and actionable solutions. Facilitated sessions convene stakeholders around one topic, these may be hosted in-person or virtually.
- Lightning Round Interactives: Intimate, expert-led conversation starters, ask an industry expert your topic-specific questions in a small-group setting. These may be hosted in-person or virtually.
- Networking Topic Discussion: Peer-based small-group discussions around current climate and energy trends. Bringing CLC attendees together in a less formal structure, these topic-specific discussions may be hosted in-person or virtually.
The CLC annually attracts hundreds of climate, energy, and sustainability professionals from business, government, academic, and nonprofit sectors around the globe. Please see WHO ATTENDS for a sample of past conference delegates.
What we’re looking for
The CLC Steering Committee strives to enrich the audience’s experience by keeping content fresh and engaging. We prefer speakers who are recognized subject matter experts and possess strong public speaking skills. Professionals engaged in the climate change, energy, and overall sustainability space who inspire new ideas, facilitate instrumental dialogue, and introduce new opportunities to the 2022 CLC audience are encouraged to submit.
For guidance on conference content in 2022, we encourage submissions that may fit within the following themes:
- Delivering on ambitious net zero goals: setting interim reduction targets, demonstrating deep cuts and measuring success
- Investing in equitable, climate resilient infrastructure and communities
- Demonstrating corporate climate leadership through policy engagement and R&D support
- Ensuring a just and equitable transition to net zero
- Assessing and disclosing climate risk and opportunity in response to demand from investors, employees, consumers, and constituents
- Understanding the climate threat across regions and sectors and how businesses and cities are ramping up climate resilience efforts and leadership
- Engaging the value chain and expanding reach through employee engagement, supply chain, and stakeholder climate communications
- Leveraging innovative public-private partnerships to accelerate decarbonization
- Investing in cleantech, emerging technologies, and the role of public policy in advancing them
- Exploring the role of voluntary carbon markets among corporate efforts to decarbonize
- Trending carbon removals: nature based solutions, engineered solutions, and emerging technologies
- The future of clean transportation (e.g., EVs, charging infrastructure, sustainable aviation fuels, etc.)
Please refer to the 2020 PROGRAM to gain a better understanding of potential CLC content.
Submit your nomination
The 2022 CLC Speaker Submission Form can be found by CLICKING HERE.
The Speaker Submission link will redirect you to the CLA SmarterSelect page, which the Steering Committee is using to gather 2022 submissions. You will be required to create a login to submit a form. However, once you have started an entry you are able to save your work and return to it at any time until the submissions deadline February 25, 2022.
The Speaker Submission Form will ask you for the following information:
- Nomination type (Speaker, Workshop or Interactive group discussion – may include ‘Ask the Expert’)
- Speaker contact information
- Proposed topic or session title
- Proposed topic or session description: How does this topic fit into current climate developments among businesses, communities, and/or policymakers?
- Theme that the topic or session relates to
- Nominator contact information (if nominating someone other than yourself)
- If available, additional proposed co-presenters
Please send any related questions to email@example.com
NOTICE: We appreciate your submissions and value your insight! Due to the high volume of participation, we cannot guarantee a personalized response to each submission. Speakers selected by the 2022 CLC steering committee will be contacted in early 2022 with a formal invitation, followed by further guidance on next steps, deadlines, and speaker instructions.