European forum for disaster risk reduction: Call for 2021 EFDRR side event proposals
The EFDRR is a multi-stakeholder platform aiming to improve exchange of cutting-edge ideas, experiences and lessons learned in the implementation of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction.
The EFDRR 2021 will provide an opportunity for all stakeholders from Europe and Central Asia to organize side-events which will take place during the formal agenda of the event. The 2021 EFDRR will feature eight side events that should be closely related to the 3 main thematic pillars of the Conference: 1. Accelerating implementation of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction; 2. COVID-19 and systemic risks and 3. Financing long term resilience.
Stakeholders and major groups are invited to submit their proposals for side events by 30 April 2021 at this LINK
Criteria for consideration:
- Any registered entity interested in organizing a side event can submit a side event proposal
- Priority will be given to side events involving multiple organizing partners
- Side events must be open to all participants
- Side events should focus on best practices, examples of innovations, solutions and technologies that contribute to the implementation of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction
- Organizers are encouraged to make the events as interactive as possible, securing enough time for dialogue with the audience.
- The side event should last no longer than 1 hours
Responsibilities of the organizers:
The logistics of the side events need to be arranged in collaboration with the UNDRR. The organizers of the side events will be responsible for the following:
- Inviting speakers and panelists, including participants from Member States, major groups and other stakeholders
- Preparing a summary report of the event, sharing it with the EFDRR Secretariat
- Events should be conducted in English. Arrangements for simultaneous interpretation will be the responsibility of the EFDRR Secretariat.
- Considering the inclusive spirit of the EFDRR, priority will be given to side events organized by two or more partners
- The theme of the side event should relate to at least one of the thematic pillars provided above and be cross-cutting in nature
- Priority should be given to the session with the gender geographic balanced list of speakers
Selection of eight side events will be done by the EFDRR Secretariat and EFDRR Working Group on Conference Concept. Selection results will be published on the EFDRR website by 31 May 2021.