City-to-City Technical Exchange Workshop ‘Urban and Territorial Resilience’
(c) Provincia di Potenza. Workshop's participants group photo. Provincial Council Room, Piazza Mario Pagano, Potenza, Italy.
One strategic action of the Province of Potenza’s (PPZ) commitment is to explore cooperation opportunities through assistance to governments, cities, municipalities, communities that intend to undertake similar improvement paths. On July 2019, the PPZ together with the UNDRR Office for the Arab States, UNDP Tunisia and Mauritania and the support of the UN Trust Fund for Human Security, organized a City-to-City Learning Exchange addressed to 28 officials from: Rosso, Kaedi, Tevragh Zeina, Boghe, Tintane (Mauritania); Gabes, Mateur, Bousalem, Kasserine, Siliana, Tataouine, Ain Darahem (Tunisia) aimed at exchanging Best Practices in DRR and implementing the Human Security approach through the SFDRR.
The main objectives are:
- to promote dialogues among Local Governments by capitalizing on the MCR Campaign
- to share on the development and implementation of comprehensive urban DRR plans
- to highlight the added value of the Human Security approach in implementing the SFDRR at the local level
- to showcase local efforts in finding and implementing innovative solutions to DRR towards the achievement of SDGs (the #weResilient case)
- to initiate new cooperation on specific topics
"The Sendai Framework Voluntary Commitments (SFVC) online platform allows stakeholders to inform the public about their work on DRR. The SFVC online platform is a useful tool to know who is doing what and where for the implementation of the Sendai Framework, which could foster potential collaboration among stakeholders. All stakeholders (private sector, civil society organizations, academia, media, local governments, etc.) working on DRR can submit their commitments and report on their progress and deliverables. Good practices and achievements will be highlighted through the online platform."