Call for good practices of the private sector in DRR
The United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR) is inviting its partners, institutions and people interested in Disasters Risk Reduction from the Americas to share their Good Practices of the Private Sector in Disaster Risk Reduction.
The overall purpose of the Call for good practices of the private sector in DRR is to promote and exchange experiences on how the private sector is engaged in DRR in the Americas. The good practices can be related to how the private sector contributes to the implementation of DRR, how the private sector is making its business and community resilient, and how the private sector and the public sector work together on DRR.
The winner of the call will have the possibility to attend the 6th Regional Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction which will take place from 20 to 22 June 2018 in Cartagena, Colombia to present the good practice during a segment in the Ignite Stage.
Steps to participate in the Call for Good Practices
- Do you have a successful experience in the private sector on disaster risk reduction?
- Share it with us, please use our online form.
- Submit by march 15th, 2018
Examples for Private Sector good practices:
- North West Cambridge Integrated Water Management Strategy, University of Cambridge with Innovate UK.
- Safe Places, Safe Communities: An Evacuation Shelter for the People of Tanauan, Philippines
- United Nations city disaster resilience scorecards: USA, Chile, Angola.