The contribution of theory and practice to avalanche safety
In 1996, 2001 and 2006 the Center for Avalanche Safety of "Apatit" JSC carried out the international avalanche conferences. They were first international avalanche conferences in Russia. The avalanche work in Russia and all over in the world has continued since that time. The intent of the conference is to sum up the results of this work and to provide wide communication between Russian avalanche persons and members of the world avalanche community for exchange by ideas and information.
- Snow cover stability.
- Avalanche dynamics.
- Temporal and spatial avalanche forecasting.
- Geography of avalanches.
- History of studies and struggle against avalanches.
- Avalanche control techniques.
- Avalanche protection.
- Avalanche awareness education and public warning systems.
- Avalanche search and rescue.
- Properties of snow and snow cover evolution.
- Snow drift.
- Avalanche safety during winter Olympic Games in Sochi 2014.
- Other related topics.