- Documents and publications
Working with the environment to protect people: UNEP's COVID-19 response
United Nations Environment Programme
Number of pages
This document should be read in the context of the Secretary General’s report on the Socio-Economic Impacts of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and the United Nations Sustainable Development Group’s framework for the immediate socio-economic response to COVID-19. In this report, the UN Environment Programme lays out how it is adjusting its work in response to COVID-19 through supporting nations and partners to “build back better”.
UNEP’s response covers four areas:
- Helping nations manage COVID-19 waste (p. 2);
- Delivering a transformational change for nature and people (p. 3);
- Working to ensure economic recovery packages create resilience to future crises (p. 5); and
- Modernizing global environmental governance (p. 6).