This paper aims to provide inspiration and direction for the stakeholders and actors involved in, and in a position to enable better information and knowledge management (IKM) to meet the challenge of the global climate change and sustainable development agendas. Specifically, it targets:
- Donors, to contribute towards significant societal benefits made possible through better IKM and its contribution towards more informed decision-making;
- Knowledge professionals and researchers to improve practices and come together as a community to solve a global issue; and
- Data scientists to leverage emerging IKM and artificial intelligence (AI) technologies to build and analyse large datasets to support climate action.
The paper proposes a road map on:
- How to begin: steps to take now, p. 9
- How to advance: steps to take over the medium and long terms, p. 10