- Documents and publications
A review of the landscape of guidance, tools and standards for sustainable and resilient infrastructure
This paper set out to understand what resources already exist and where key gaps are, how what exists can be better utilised or promoted, and what actions should be taken to close the identified gaps. The International Coalition of Sustainable Infrastructure (ICSI) Guidance, Tools and Standards Action Track has set out to bring clarity and structure to the guidance, tools and standards that are available to practitioners and stakeholders across the infrastructure lifecycle. This will enable them to better plan, finance, design, deliver and operate and maintain sustainable and resilient infrastructure. The catalogue of existing guidance, tools and standards for sustainable and resilient infrastructure used for the landscape analysis was crowdsourced from ICSI members.
ICSI is taking targeted actions to address the identified gaps and support development of sustainable and resilient infrastructure, inlcuding:
- Provide clear, actionable and consistent guidance across the infrastructure lifecycle;
- Develop a common set of indicators for sustainable and resilient infrastructure;
- Provide support at the early stages of project development;
- Accelerate uptake of sustainable and resilient procurement; and
- Increase awareness of available guidance, tools and standards.