This framework document encapsulates the vision and strategic objectives that guide recovery in post-earthquake Nepal. It also includes the policy and institutional frameworks for recovery and reconstruction and outlines implementation arrangements, projected financial requirements and immediate next steps necessary for recovery.
The key elements of the reconstruction and rehabilitation policy relate to the following (p. 14-15):
- reconstruction of housing and cultural heritage sites;
- relocation and land use;
- engaging the community, private sector, volunteer and diaspora in reconstruction;
- integrating principles of disaster risk reduction and building back better;
- providing financial assistance;
- restoring employment and livelihoods;
- improving data collection and public information;
- compliance and monitoring.