The Manchester Briefing (Issue 32) presents a high-level report of the ‘light touch’ Impact Assessment conducted by Essex Resilience Forum and Recovery Coordination Group following the first wave of COVID-19. Lessons include the need to revisit/update impact assessments to identify new impacts from subsequent waves.
The brief also shares lessons, among others, from:
- Republic of Ireland – measures to protect Roma, Gypsy, Traveller and Boater communities;
- Australia – supporting people who may be anxious as lockdown ends;
- Pakistan & South Africa – the re-generation and renewal of local businesses;
- USA & Canada – addressing healthcare backlogs - Guatemala & UNDP;
- Mitigating negative recovery impacts on the environment - India;
- Positive news stories to relieve the mental fatigue of COVID-19.