- Documents and publications
Linked Open Data: The Essentials – The Climate Knowledge Brokering Edition
‘Linked Open Data: The Essentials – The Climate Knowledge Brokering Edition’ is a manual for decision makers and climate knowledge brokers looking for a quick yet solid introduction to the concept of Linked Open Data (LOD). This new edition offers updated information on the current LOD landscape, new case studies related to climate knowledge brokering, and quizzes for readers to test their knowledge of the material.
The book provides a brief overview of LOD and its relevance for climate knowledge brokering, as well as practical answers to questions including:
- What do the terms Open Data, Open Government Data and Linked Open Data actually mean, and what are the differences between them?
- What are climate knowledge brokers, and how is Open Data relevant to them?
- How can Open Data help my organization to communicate more effectively?
- What do I need to take into account when developing a LOD strategy for my organisation, and what needs to be done technically in order to open up and publish data sets?
- How can I add value to my own data sets by consuming LOD from other sources, and how can that support my role as a knowledge intermediary?
- What can be learned from five case studies of best practice in LOD for climate knowledge brokering?