Climate Council of Australia
Number of pages
This publication puts in context the findings of the IPCC special report on global warming at 1.5C and explores what it means for Australia
Key highlights include:
- Global temperatures have been rising rapidly, posing grave risks for humanity.
- The global effort to tackle climate change has begun, but must be accelerated.
- Australia is one of the most vulnerable developed countries to the impacts of climate change, but is contributing little to solutions.
- Inaction has already cost us dearly. A 1.5°C world, our best possible future, will change our lives even further.
- Limiting global warming to no more than 1.5°C is a formidable challenge but solutions are available.