This report provides a complete diagnosis of Mauritius' vulnerability and exposure to disaster risk, as well as a series of recommendations based on a cross-sectoral and inclusive approach to DRR.
The assessment of Mauritius' capacities for DRM was based on the CADRI Capacity Diagnosis and Planning Tool, a self-assessment tool that considers several dimensions of capacity: policies, organization, institutional arrangements and coordination at national and sub-national levels, skills and competencies, tools, methodologies, SOPs and financing.
Find here some of the recommendations provided. For more details, please have a look at the report.
- Establish a central database to centralize and enable open access information on disaster risk.
- Build a coherent legislative and policy framework for disaster risk reduction.
- Conduct a nationwide public education campaign on applicable DRR & CCA related regulations.
- Develop a national DRR strategy and action plan that sets clear objectives and targets for sectors and actors
- Establish a national multi-stakeholder DRR platform.