- Documents and publications
Developing gender-responsive NCD action plans
Number of pages
This practical guide provdes five steps countries can follow as they work towards mainstreaming gender into Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) Action Plans. The steps are presented as building blocks, enforcing the need for an integrated series of elements in order to effectively create gender equality.
These key elements include:
- Using gender analysis for context setting and baseline definiton;
- Employing sex-disaggregated data and gender indicators to track progess;
- Enabling gender stakeholders' participation and responsibility for defining and implementing actions;
- Allocating budget to support gender actions; and
- Presenting a coherent approach, from outcomes to indicators, in the narrative of plans and implementation actions.