- Documents and publications
Creating a global Climate Action Knowledge Graph to leverage artificial intelligence and speed progress on the climate agenda
This positioning paper serves as an introduction to the often-overlooked topic of how advanced data and information management practices can serve as a springboard to faster, more widespread, and more efficient climate action. It provides background on these issues for policymakers, researches, decision-makers, media and others interested in advancing climate change-related policies.
This paper proposes and argues for the development of a global Climate Action Knowlege Graph to address current barriers to the spread of needed knowledge and action. The creation of this Knowledge Graph would enable:
- the rapid discovery of new insights and knowledge;
- the efficient exploration of important connections between domains and/or stakeholders;
- the provision of new approaches to learning;
- a foundation to set the stage to leverage powerful Artificial Intelligence (AI) applications available now and on the technological horizon;
- a searchable, graph-based climate action knowledge management system that is easy to use, and that adds value by establishing and maintaining better links between science, policy, and climate action.