- Documents and publications
Communication, social media and societal resilience among citizens
European Emergency Number Association
Tel Aviv University
Number of pages
The main goal of task 1.3 is to carry out an empirical study of what citizens and social groups need and expect from authorities and first responders to improve communication and societal resilience. This task aims to present the public's communication needs, focusing, but not exclusively, on social media and how authorities and first responders can address them better, creating more effective communication processes.
Therefore, the objectives of the study are:
- To Identify the needs and expectations in the communication process among community members and between them and authorities and first responders;
- To identify the preferred sources for receiving information about emergencies and disasters and favored means for receiving warnings;
- To understand the characteristics of effective communication with impacted societies and identify prominent illustrations of such communications;
- To define the relationship between the communication process among community members and between them and authorities and first responders and its impact on societal resilience;
- To identify the role of gender, socioeconomic status, culture, digital literacy, and other demographic variables on the abovementioned objectives.
Country & Region