This strategy aims to achieve the following objectives:
- To establish and incorporate the foundational guiding arrangements for disaster risk reduction in the country.
- To increase awareness and knowledge of disaster risk reduction methods and opportunities.
- To inform the legal and institutional basis for efficient disaster risk reduction planning and implementation.
- To contribute towards the inclusion of disaster risk reduction into development policy, programmes and projects.
- To establish a strategic platform for public-private-sector co-operation in disaster risk reduction.
- To contribute to community resilience against the threats and effects of disasters.
This strategy should be read in conjunction with the National Disaster Management Plan, Policy, or other related legislation or documents. This is a living document, which is the product of consultation and inputs by various stakeholders. The success of this strategy will lie in its effective implementation and monitoring throughout the country. This can however only be achieved through co-operation and partnership between all stakeholders in disaster risk reduction.