- Documents and publications
Articulating social and environmental policy for post-COVID-19 recovery in Latin America and the Caribbean: The post COVID-19 recovery: How to articulate integrated responses to the health, economic and climate crises in Latin America and the Caribbean
United Nations Environment Programme
Number of pages
UNEP Regional Office in Latin America and the Caribbean has produced the series of policy briefs Articulating social and environmental policy for post-COVID-19 recovery.
This document describes the opportunities to integrate five key high opportunity areas, with the capacity to generate substantial economic growth and millions of decent jobs (pp. 2-5):
- Intensify deployment of renewable energy & energy efficiency;
- Deliver clean air and better health through electric mobility;
- Gradually reduce fossil fuel subsidies and tax emissions;
- Make ecosystems, food and rural livelihoods resilient;
- Make cities resilient.
UNDRR Asia-Pacific COVID-19 brief: Leave no one behind in COVID-19 prevention, response and recovery