- Documents and publications
Anchoring loss & damage in enhanced NDCs
This policy brief makes the case for anchoring loss and damage in the NDCs, and is intended to help governments do so in the context of their NDC enhancement processes for holistic climate action .
Integrating loss and damage in the NDCs can be instrumental in mobilizing increasing ambition to implement the Paris Agreement. In addition, as loss and damage is comparatively a new issue, it has not been integrated at the national level planning and response. There is a need to link it with the NDC enhancement process to include it as part of holistic climate action.
The brief outlines four recommendations that can be considered during the process of reporting on current and future loss and damage, and the associated support needs.
- Define loss and damage in the national context
- Describe current and potential projected loss and damage
- Hiighlight ongoing response to address loss and damage
- Include specific contribution (targets) on loss and damage