This report is geared toward helping project managers develop appropriate gender-related targets for climate projects and a suitable Monitoring, Evaluating and Learning (MEL) system to track achievement over time. The guide complements CDKN's training materials, including powerpoint packs and serious fun games on gender and social inclusion in climate projects, available here.
This guide uses rich case study examples to unpack how different organisations have:
- developed gender-responsive objectives and targets, appropriate to their sector and context
- created relevant indicators and MEL systems to track and understand progress
- managed their projects adaptively in response to emergent learning.
The featured case studies are:
- Cambodia Horticulture Advancing Income and Nutrition program (CHAIN);
- Energising Development (EnDev) Tanzania;
- Promoting Sustainable Partnerships for Empowered Resilience (PROSPER - Malawi);
- Educating Nigerian Girls in New Enterprises (ENGINE);
- Enabling Andean Communities to Adapt to Climate Change (Ecuador).