This is the 2016 progress report of the Environment Agency on climate change adaptation. This report sets out its progress in adapting to the current and future predicted effects of climate change on the organisation. The key commitment of the Environment Agency is to climate-proof all its new strategies and plans, putting adaptation at the heart of everything the Agency does.
The adaptation strategy followed by the Environment Agency is comprised of the following components:
- working with its customers and partners to adapt;
- climate resilient investment;
- climate resilient regulation;
- building the evidence base;
- integrated catchment working;
- building its adaptive capacity.