Training sessions on "Blue economy: Risks and opportunities" in Barbados, Grenada and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
9:00 - 11:00 a.m. (GMT-4)
UNEP FI, UNEP, UNDP, FAO, UNFPA, the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB), and in collaboration with the Governments of Barbados, Grenada and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines will deliver a series of online training workshops on “Blue Economy: risks and opportunities”, this will be the third training under this programme in these countries.
The training on “Blue Economy: risks and opportunities” will be held in dedicated sessions on 22 & 29 November, and 6 December 2022 from 9:00 to 11:00 am local time.
These Series of webinars provide participants on risks and opportunities in the Blue Economy for financial institutions (FIs), regulators and government representatives from Barbados.
- Risk managers
- Corporate lending officers
- Relationship managers
- Investment bankers
- Asset managers
This training could be also provided for non-financial institutions, such as supervisory bodies, banking associations, as well as all representatives of government agencies, academic institutions, NGOs and consultancies whose activities are linked to Sustainable Finance.
Train and sensitize teams of FIs, regulators and governments of Barbados on the risks and opportunities in the Blue Economy, including its potential in the Caribbean region in different sectors (and in Barbados specifically) and the role of FIs, regulators and governments in empowering it.
- Discuss specific issues with previously selected groups of FIs, regulators, and governments from Barbados
- The economic context of the Blue Economy and its sectors (fishery, port, transport, tourism, marine living resources, marine bioeconomy, energy etc.), and the Blue Economy Principles
- The Blue Economy in the Caribbean context, with special emphasis on Barbados
- The Blue Economy and the post-COVID world – major impacts, risks and potential opportunities
- Blue Economy investment outlook: sources of investment, investment flow in the blue economy in the Caribbean, how the blue economy may contribute towards the SDGs
Participants who actively participate in the 3 training sessions and submit all course assignments will receive a certificate of attendance from UNEP FI and its partners at the end of the training.
Carolina Yazmín López – email@example.com