Adapting to the changing climate: time to intensify efforts
An EU level conference to take stock and discuss how we can improve our level of preparedness to tackle adaptation to climate change in Europe.
Topics at the conference:
- What do we know of climate change impacts and its possible effects on (ecosystem and water) services, as well as on economic sectors and activities?
- What are the stakeholder views of the diversity of challenges?
- Are the necessary instruments and procedures in place to deal with adaptation effectively?
- What are important unresolved questions?
- What are adaptation cost estimates for different time horizons, and what are the financing mechanisms?
- What are the implications for public budgeting?