National Program Manager “PREPARE TT” Program
This job posting has closed
Miyamoto International, Inc. (Miyamoto) is a global multi-hazard engineering and disaster-risk reduction firm providing resiliency expertise that sustains industries and safeguards communities with offices worldwide. Miyamoto is expanding its successful work under the PREPARE Program model in Latin America to the Caribbean through a proposed Urban Disaster Resiliency and Preparedness in Trinidad and Tobago(“PREPARE TT”) program.
The goal of the proposed PREPARE TT program is to provide a clearer picture of the probable impact of an urban earthquake disaster on Port of Span and facilitate advocacy and planning initiatives around strengthening seismic disaster risk reduction and preparedness measures in Trinidad and Tobago for a reduction in lives lost, fewer people injured, fewer internally displaced persons and less social and economic disruption.
The program will be carried out jointly with Trinidad and Tobago’s Office of Disaster Preparedness and Management (ODPM), a Division of the Government of Trinidad and Tobago’s Ministry of National Security and lead agency for disaster management, the Caribbean Disaster Emergency Management Agency (CDEMA) and The UWI Seismic Research Centre (UWI SRC).
The National Program Manager will report to the Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) Regional Program Manager, who oversees the overall PREPARE portfolio in LAC from Washington, DC. The National Program Manager will work closely with the program stakeholder, partners and Miyamoto’s expert engineering and disaster risk management teams comprised of LAC regional and California-based support.
The scope of responsibilities includes, but are not limited to:
· Lead on engaging and coordinating with a broad range of relevant regional, national and local stakeholders to develop program strategies and activities, including successfully organizing and executing strategic and high-impact preparedness planning initiatives, trainings and workshops.
· Overall timely and quality delivery for all PREPARE TT program activities and deliverables in country
· Advise technical teams on the disaster management governance framework in TT
· Lead on collecting and generating data for program and donor reporting on monitoring and evaluating information
· Acting as the security focal point for the country and advising on security matters
The desired candidate will have successfully contributed to high profile disaster risk reduction and/or humanitarian assistance projects with a high level of contextual and operating sensitivity in Trinidad and Tobago.
- At least 8-10 years in successful international development, disaster risk reduction and/or humanitarian assistance project management with international donors
- Demonstrated technical depth in disaster risk management with an understanding of the preparedness and disaster risk reduction agenda in Trinidad and Tobago.
- Strong past experience working with government and private sector counterparts in Trinidad and Tobago and ability lead and facilitate high-level meetings credibly and effectively
- Exceptional program management and organizational skills
- Self-starter with a high degree of professionalism and integrity and ability and willingness to work in a flexible and dynamic organization as a part of a global and remote team
- Excellent communicator, with fluency in English, and robust report writing skills.
NOTE: This program and position is contingent on approved funding. If funding is approved, anticipated position start would be October 2019.
Is this page useful?Yes No Report an issue on this page
Thank you. If you have 2 minutes, we would benefit from additional feedback (link opens in a new window).