- Documents and publications
Recovery plan for the communications and information technology sector after hurricanes Irma and Maria : Laying the foundation for the digital transformation of Puerto Rico
This report contributes to the overall plan with a focus on the communications and information technology (IT) sector in Puerto Rico after the devastating 2017 hurricane season.
Puerto Rico must develop and implement a state-of-the-art, survivable, resilient communications infrastructure
- This infrastructure is essential for the continuity of essential government functions and the provision of public safety services and must be well maintained and fully resourced.
- It must provide commercial telecommunication services, including voice and data services, to residents and the private sector, and support affordable access to broadband internet service and emerging technologies throughout Puerto Rico.
- It is crucial for furthering the economic and social vitality of Puerto Rico and should thus host applications and web services that foster government and private-sector innovation, increase economic opportunity, and improve the quality of life for the residents of Puerto Rico.
- This report details 33 specific COAs addressing the needs for recovery of the Communications/IT sector in ways that are sustainable and resilient; describes how they build on and support one another; and explains how COAs will further the economic development of Puerto Rico and the wellbeing of its residents.