The Manchester Briefing (Issue 30) calls to establish community resilience as a new local and national resilience capability. This is a major opportunity to renew local resilience by continuing the community action built during the pandemic. We share lessons from:
- Indonesia – support for children leaving care during the pandemic
- World Bank – financial advice for local communities.
- USA – targeted contact tracing for live entertainment events.
- UN & UK – workforce planning to address how women experience work during the pandemic;
- Indonesia & New Zealand – nature-based solutions to adapt to climate change impacts;
- OECD & UNHCR – communication of migration and community integration policies.