Webinar: It is all about disaster risk governance
Webinar to mark the International Day for Disaster Risk Reduction 2020
This webinar will explore the following questions:
- Why does understanding the systemic nature of risk matter in the midst of COVID-19 ?
- What are the best practises in national and local DRR strategies and structures that can enable multi-sectoral cooperation ?
- What needs to change so that institutions can govern systemic risk ?
- What are the challenges for science and technology in supporting these changes ?
- Abhilash Panda, Head for Infrastructure Resilience & Deputy of the Intergovernmental processes, Interagency cooperation and Partnerships, UNDRR
- Dr Kathy Oldham, Chief Resilience Officer, Greater Manchester Combined Authority, UK
- Dr Harkunti Rahayu, Chair of Association of Disaster Experts, Indonesia
- Dr Hemantha Herath, National Coordinator, Disaster Preparedness and Response, Ministry of Health, Sri Lanka
- Prof. Dilanthi Amaratunga, Global Disaster Resilience Centre, University of Huddersfield, UK
- Prof. Richard Haigh, Global Disaster Resilience Centre, University of Huddersfield, UK
- Greater awareness of systemic risks and new trends, including Disease outbreaks, pandemic risk management and the importance of incorporating them in national and local strategies for Disaster Risk Reduction
- Greater awareness of the role of good governance in managing systemic risks
- Identifying new research directions
Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 AM British summertime (GMT +1hour)
For further information about the events or any inquiries regarding registration, please contact Dr Nuwan Dias at firstname.lastname@example.org