Funding call: Grassroots Action Research Micro-grants
The ARA has launched the Grassroots Action Research Micro-grants, a new funding opportunity for action and research entities to collaborate to unearth knowledge, ideas and opportunities for climate change adaptation in the Global South (for a full list of countries, please see here).
The total grant amount will be up to GBP 15,000.00 with applications due by 12 December 2022.
Successful applicants will be announced in February 2023, after which they will have eight months starting from May 2023 in which to complete their grant activities.
Connecting diverse stakeholders
The micro-grants will serve the following two purposes:
- They connect diverse groups of action and research stakeholders to co-create an understanding of the issue at hand.
- They act as an enabler and catalyst to produce relevant knowledge, as well as identify needs and opportunities for taking the next step in responding to a burning issue.
Action & research entities
This funding opportunity is open to:
- ‘Action’ entities, such as NGOs, cooperatives, governments, or organisations facing burning climate change issues that affect local communities, and
- Research institutions that can help respond to the most pressing needs of those affected by climate change in their local communities.
- Both new applicants, and grantees from the ARA Micro-grants Round 1 may apply.