ORGANIZER(S): Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission (IOC)
Type: Meeting or Conference Date: 12 - 13 Jun 2012 Location: Samoa (Apia)
At the kind invitation of the Government of Samoa, a regional Workshop on Effective Tsunami Disaster Reduction Implementation Progress in Pacific Island Countries and PTWC Proposed Enhanced Products. This will be followed by the third meeting of the ICG/PTWS Regional Working Group on Tsunami Warning and Mitigation in the South-West Pacific Region (3rd ICG/PTWS-WG SW Pacific),also to be held at the same venue.
The objective of the regional Workshop on Effective Tsunami Disaster Reduction Implementation Progress in Pacific Island Countries and PTWC Proposed Enhanced Products is to
• Discuss and provide guidance on the requirements upon PTWS Member States contained in the PTWS Implentation Plan, specifically with regard to:
- Actions in Risk Assessment and Reduction
- Actions in Detection, Warning and Dissemination
- Actions in Awareness and Response
• Update participants on developments with regard to the Pacific Tsunami Warning & Mitigation System
• Inform on and obtain feedback on the proposed enhanced products from the PTWC
The Workshop is targeted at representatives from National Disaster Management Offices (NDMOs) and Tsunami Warning Centres (TWCs) of Pacific Island countries.
Short URL: https://www.preventionweb.net/go/27197