Drought is one of the main challenges to the implementation of the Sendai Framework in Asia. The 2016 drought in India has affected close to 330 million people from 10 states. Bad monsoons and weak policies around water security have further compounded the problem and precipitated a crisis. In reality, with close to 60% of the population involved in agriculture and allied activities, droughts in India can be particularly debilitating.
This issue features the following articles:
- Drought in Gujarat: Need for Adaptation Measures;
- Drought to Jalyukta Maharashtra;
- National Disaster Management Plan Celebrated at AIDMI;
- Drought In Uttar Pradesh: Role of Job Cards;
- Integrated Approach Plan for Drought in Jharkhand;
- Diversification of Land use Against Drought in Madhya Pradesh;
- Drought in Gujarat: Using MGNREGA;
- Drought in Andhra: Making DPAP Work;
- Impacts of Water Scarcity and the Drought Situation in Bihar.
Southasiadisasters.net issue no. 147, June 2016