- Policies and plans
Palau: National disaster risk management framework 2010
This new Palau National Disaster Risk Management Framework 2010 provides for the strengthening of national disaster risk management structures and mechanisms to support improved disaster/emergency preparedness, response and recovery as well as the more effective integration of disaster risk considerations into the national development planning, including budgetary allocation processes.
The National Disaster Risk Management Framework 2010 replaces the 1999 National Disaster Plan and is intended to assist the process of effectively managing both natural and human-induced hazards and related risks in the Republic of Palau.
The document is set out in such a way that it allows government and non-government agencies and organizations to refer to relevant parts in order to assist in the development of integrated approach to all emergency responses, preparedness, hazard mitigation, relief and recovery plans and programs.
The Framework is presented in four Parts plus Appendices as follows:
- Part 1: General information
- Part 2: Describes the purpose, objectives and the disaster risk management model and principles as adopted by the Pacific Disaster Risk Reduction and Disaster Management Framework for Action 2005–2015
- Part 3: Describes the disaster management mechanisms
- Part 4: Describes the disaster risk reduction approach and structure
- Appendices contain three supporting documents