Acclimatise is looking for a bright and enthusiastic graduate in Spatial Data Science and Visualisation who wants to apply their skills to climate change analytics and development of tools for international clients.
As a recent graduate with an interest in geospatial and satellite data, you will be experienced in spatial data harvesting, analysis, modelling and visualisation. Supporting the Analytics team at Acclimatise, you will help us to find patterns, meaning and links between data from many different sources. These may be climate / Earth Observation, socioeconomic or financial related data sets that are vital in helping others better understand how a changing climate can affect business, society and the environment in the coming years and decades.
The appointed candidate will be fundamental to many aspects of our work, contributing to product development strategies and working closely with colleagues and customers to take "Eureka" ideas from the whiteboard, through to conceptual and technical feasibility, and onto development of scalable, marketable products.
The position is a full time, permanent appointment based ideally in Oxford, or alternatively in our Cardiff office however a combination of working from home and office is encouraged. Acclimatise has an international presence which also opens up the opportunity for overseas travel and collaboration.
The successful candidate will be working in Acclimatise’s Analytics division, and based ideally in Oxford or our Cardiff office. A combination of working from home and office is encouraged.
The role will entail the need for quality driven technical and numerical excellence, a desire for innovation, collaboration and an agile method of working to adapt to changing demands. It provides the opportunity to apply your skills in a commercial environment and in a company driven by quality and innovation.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Spatial data / GIS analysis and high quality, interactive visualisations
- Production of high-quality controlled, technically robust outputs/data sets for use in tools and apps
- Supporting prototype tools development and transitioning into front-end web development
- Identifying and deploying data analysis cloud services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure etc
- Supporting the development of relationships with Big Data organisations and providers such as AWS, European Space Agency and Copernicus
- Contributing to business development and research / grant funding activities
Full-time · Oxford