2022 diversity in tech symposium: Advancing climate resilience
Now in its sixth year, the annual Diversity in Tech Symposium (formerly Women in Tech) will highlight the experiences and career paths of experts in climate tech and environmental justice working to advance innovation in clean energy, water conservation, food systems, disaster prediction, coastal science, sustainable manufacturing and many other areas within their organizations.
At the Women in Tech Symposium: Advancing Climate Resilience, join us for:
- A Climate Tech Fireside Chat with Berkeley Engineering Dean Tsu-Jae King Liu
- Featured panels on:
- Climate resilience and air quality: the One Health approach hosted by UC Davis
- Feeding 10 Billion in a Hotter World hosted by UC Merced
- Ocean Innovation: Tech interventions for the health of our global waters hosted by UC Santa Cruz
- Getting to Zero: Trends in the Built Environment hosted by UC Berkeley
- Deep-dive breakout sessions with tech companies
- Lightning Talks and “Two Approaches” conversations with experts
- Career Fair connecting participants with leading tech companies seeking climate tech talent
The event will also feature the EDGE in Tech Initiative Athena Awards recognizing those who have championed the advancement of women in technology.
We welcome participants from startups, nonprofit and government organizations, and established companies as well as students, staff, and faculty. The symposium is open to the public, allowing a broader audience the chance to join the conversation and reimagine an equitable and resilient future for all. Attendees will walk away with deep insights into climate innovation and action, and gain a community of inspiring and motivating people that will champion the advancement of women and underrepresented communities working in technology fields.