Intern - Earth Sciences and Geo-Hazards Risk Reduction
United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization - Headquarters
This job posting has closed
Support the work of UNESCO’s Section on Earth Sciences and Geo-Hazards Risk Reduction in the field of geo-hazard risk reduction. The intern will contribute to:
- The development of the disaster risk reduction (DRR) webpages
- The implementation of earthquake DRR projects in Latin America and Caribbean.
- Contribute to the reorganization of the section’s webpages structure and draft the necessary texts (See webpage here).
- Contribute to the implementation of the earthquake DRR projects in Mexico, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Peru and Guatemala.
- Being currently enrolled or having recently completed a Master's Degree or equivalent in natural sciences and/or in disaster risk management, geography, architecture, civil/environmental engineering or other related fields.
- Previous work experience in the field of disaster risk reduction will be an asset.
- Fluency in English and Spanish (both oral and written) is required.
Up to six months, starting date to be agreed upon (as soon as possible). Kindly note that internships at UNESCO are unpaid.
Country & Region