New users: Log in to program websites
In October 2023, we updated our log in system to improve security. To sign up to a program for the first time, you'll have to take the steps below after completing the initial steps on the program's website.
Need help? See the troubleshooting guide.
You’ll need a working computer or phone with access to your email inbox and a browser, such as Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
You will be automatically logged out after 20 minutes of inactivity.
When signing up via the new system, please make sure to use an email address you can access.
How do I sign up to a program for the first time?
Follow the instructions on the website of the program you're trying to join.
You'll automatically be taken to the screens shown below as part of the sign up process.
- Visit the website of the program for which you'd like to sign up.
- Follow all sign up instructions.
- You’ll be taken to the first page of our new log in system. This is where you'll enter the email and password that you'll use to sign into the program in the future, after you've completed sign up.
- Here, select the “Sign up or update your password here” link to continue.
5. You're now on the Your Details page of the new log in system. Enter your email address to get started. This is the one you'll use to sign into the program whenever you want to use it.
Note: If you have a UN.org-email address, you may be able to use the button labelled "UN staff with Azure accounts". See additional guidance here.
6. For added security, our new log in system has a verification code step. Select “Send verification code” to continue.
7. Now, in a new browser tab or in another application, open your email inbox. In your inbox, you should see an email from Microsoft with the subject line “United Nations B2C account email verification code.” Click on that email to open it. If you do not see the email, please check your spam. It should arrive within 2 minutes.
8. In the email, you should see a 6-digit code. Select the code or write it down.
9. Return to the browser window or tab with the Your Details screen. Paste the 6-digit verification code.
10. Select the “Verify code" button.
11. Now, the screen will change. Do not use the Change Email button unless you've realized you've entered the wrong email.
12. To continue, enter a password. As you type, the rules for your password will appear above the New Password input. You’ll need a lowercase letter, an Uppercase letter, a number, and a symbol (like these: #$%&*@). Make sure it’s something you can remember.
13. In the input below, re-enter the same password. The passwords have to match exactly. This is so that you know your new password well, and can re-enter it easily to log in in the future.
14. Next, add in the rest of your details.
15. Select “Continue”.
16. Now, you should sent back to the program website so you can continue the sign up process.
17. The next time you want to log in to the program website, use the email and password you just entered.
Signing up to MCR2030 Dashboard: the complete process for cities
The steps outlined above are one part of the sign up process to a program. The video below outlines the complete sign-up process for MCR2030.
(Video coming soon)