Post Number: 519027
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity.
Summary of Main Duties
This post is located in Information Management Unit, of the United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Risk Reduction secretariat (UNISDR). Under the supervision of the Senior Coordinator and in collaboration with the UNISDR Librarian and PreventionWeb Managing Editor, the incumbent will shoulder the following responsibilities:
- Assist the Information Management Unit in the development of the UNISDR Archives according to standards, practices and procedures including: review of existing files, validating content for quality control, scanning relevant content to produce PDF files, preparing titles and abstracts for archived content, adding other metadata to content, posting of all content to the archival database.
- Liaison with relevant UNISDR staff to determine relevance of information to archive
- Assist in drafting an Archival procedures manual
- Update relevant information on the UNISDR intranet
- Support organization of meetings, including preparations of agenda, attendance lists, invitations, arrangement of venues and accommodation, taking minutes and other related activities.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively
Planning and Organizing
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments, adjusts priorities as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of secondary school or its equivalent commercial school.
- At least four years of progressively responsible experience in the field of information management and/or administrative services in disaster risk reduction, humanitarian affairs or related fields, of which preferably two within the United Nations.
- Knowledge of the United Nations system, staff rules and regulations, as well as administrative policies an advantage.
- Knowledge of automated information systems as applied to information networks.
- Experience in using scanning equipment is desirable.
Knowledge of Languages
- Fluency in oral and written English.
- Knowledge of spoken and written French or Spanish desirable.