The International Risk Governance Council (IRGC) seeks applicants for the position of Project Coordinator to work as a member of the IRGC’s Secretariat in Geneva, Switzerland.
IRGC’s work programme focuses on risk governance issues, mostly related to:
Within the Secretariat, the Project Coordinator has responsibility for:
1. Coordinating IRGC projects, documenting and reporting project progress (including monthly updates), arranging and reporting all associated meetings, seminars and technical workshops and providing administrative support to project leaders and team members
2. Editing and proof-reading of IRGC publications, and some drafting of documents which may become publications
3. Researching, planning and organising the communication of project deliverables and results, including communication with the media
4. Regular communication by email, telephone etc with project leaders (members of the IRGC’s Scientific and Technical Council), other members of the S&TC, and other specialists working on IRGC projects
5. Organisation of IRGC events, particularly conferences and expert workshops
6. Ensuring that the IRGC website is up-to-date by writing the content for and updating the project- and event-related sections of the web-site.
Several of the above responsibilities require close collaboration with colleagues, particularly the Communication Administrator.
The ideal candidate will have excellent organisational, writing and editing skills. He/she will have exceptional written and spoken English (preferably mother tongue). Candidates should also be able to demonstrate the ability to understand and summarise technical data from both the natural and social sciences (particularly subject areas addressed by IRGC as listed above) and a good understanding of public policy and how an organisation such as IRGC can best communicate to those responsible for policy formulation within governments, intergovernmental organisations and industry.
More information on IRGC, its mission and project work can be found on www.irgc.org.